Zhytomyr National Agroecological university is the only one agrarian higher educational establishment on Polissia area. In the scope of the agroecological status of the university its scientifiic and innovative activities are focused on the ecological issues, on the problem of the organic production development in particular. Significant work has been performed by the university in this direction:
- Polissia centre of the organic production has been organized within the university structure. The aim of its activity is to стимулювати the organic production development in the region and with this in mind to promote a sustainable development of rural territories, soil reclamation, preserving the environment, providing the consumer market with healthy and high quality products, improving the image of the region as of high-quality organic products producer and on this basis providing the state food safety.
- The scientific research as to the development of the organic food production and processing technologies is conducted in the university’s field research and on the organic farms.
- The students of seven faculties are offered the course of »Organic production».
- An international research and training conference on the topic »The Organic Production and Food Safety» is held at the university every year. The conference permits to become familiar with the results of the research, to exchange some practical experience and the ideas as to solving the topical problem of the organic production development in Ukraine.
- The university has developed a program to back the organic production development in Zhytomyr area for the period of 2016-2020.
- Renewable energetic industry
An increasing technological environmental impact and the aggravation of an ecological safety problem require both radical policy changes in this sphere and the maintenance of a sustainable economy, ecology and energetic industry development. This problem is likely to be solved by the optimization of the state and regions energy balance structure in which energy carriers obtained from the renewable sources of energy and from the alternative fuel types should make greater portion.
Polissya centre of ecological and energetic technologies has been organized on the basis of the university. Its aim is to enhance the activities as to solving the designated task. The principal tasks of the Centre are:
– to create necessary conditions for giving classes, as well as for training, technological productive and students’ practices on the subject of energy efficiency and of the development of the sphere of energy carriers production on the alternative fuel types.
– to implement the measures directed at shaping conscious attitude to the necessity of increasing energy efficiency, to the development and use of the renewable sources of energy as well as of the alternative fuel types including on the radioactive contaminated areas.
– to offer training and consulting for agrarian manufacturers and for the subjects of other spheres of economic activity on the issues of energy efficiency and the development of the sphere of energy carriers production based on the renewable sources of energy and on the alternative fuel types.
– to arrange the research and to implement the innovative projects on the subject of energy efficiency and the development of the sphere of energy carriers production based on the renewable sources of energy and on the alternative fuel types.
– to conduct of the research on Polissya territory as potential to the location of the renewable energy objects.
– to substantiate the ecologically safe technologies of growing agricultural energy crops and to allocate the processing enterprises, in particular in the radioactive contaminated zone.
The alternative energy issues are also directly connected with the subject of the radioactive territories development. The research conducted in Zhytomyr National Agroecological university provided evidence to the possibility of realizing the projects as to energy crops (miscanthus in particular) growing and processing.
The university has developed the project on the long-term reclamation of the radioactive contaminated zones on the basis of introducing the innovative technologies of the energetic crops (miscanthus, willow,rape etc.) growing and processing.
The scientific and production project »Rape for Narodychi Region Regeneration» was realized on the territory of a radioactive contaminated Narodychi region during 2007-2012 with the cooperation of a non-governmental association »Chornobyl-Tyubu» (Japan). The projects’ principal goal was to regenerate the radioactive contaminated areas of Narodychi by region growing agricultural crops for technical purposes. Herewith the rape growing efficiency as the method of phitorehabilitation of the radioactive contaminated soils and as the raw materials for biofuel production (biodiesel, biogas) was studied.
The university research workers conducted a number of economic investigations as to the subject of energy efficiency as well as to the use of the alternative energy sources. In particular, the theoretical and methodological as well as scientific and practical fundamentals of biomass use for the rural territories energy supply were studied. The approaches as to intensifying the energy security of rural territories by means of creating local energetic systems which are based on the use of biomass energy as well as on other alternative economically expedient energy sources were substantiated.
The theoretical and methodological aspects of forming the effective production activity of the agrarian enterprises on the basis of organic raw materials conversion have also been studied. The prospects of the agrarian enterprises to earn additional income from the conversion of the organic raw materials into the energy resource have been substantiated.
At present, there is a renewable energy laboratory in the university, which enables to study the feasibility of using all possible renewable energy sources for the energy supply of the productive and social sphere objects.
To provide the realization of the state target programs provisions »Ukraine’s Fresh Water» for the period of 2011-2020, the »Zhytomyr Region Fresh Water» for the period of 2006-2020, as well as to improve the regional policy as to the formation of the Zhytomyr region ecological security by supplying fresh water in necessary volumes and according to the standards, the university conducts the corresponding research in the field:
- The biological monitoring of the surface water sources for fresh water supply and for the fishery intended use.
- The biological sewage disposal purification of different nature.
- The state of 137 Cs water resources contamination analysis in the conditions of Ukraine’s Polissya.
- The biological indication and monitoring of Zhytomyr water ecosystems pollution.
- The development of rural entrepreneurship
The foundations for the development of small entrepreneurship have been laid for the years of reforms in Ukraine. At the same time, the economic environment for the functioning of small business cannot be considered fully completed neither organizationally nor functionally. First of all it concerns the rural vector of the entrepreneurship.
With the purpose of stimulating the development of rural entrepreneurship the university is conducting a number of activities:
- The reference books «Entrepreneurship in the rural areas», «The development of small business at the local level», «Agricultural utility cooperative society: what is it?» have been published.
- The seminars on the questions of the small business development in the rural areas have been conducted in the districts of Zhytomyr region. The participants of those seminars were unemployed persons willing to be of duty in the entrepreneurial activity. The procedure of the organizing entrepreneurial activity, peculiarities of the operating simplified system of taxation, accounting and reporting for the subjects of entrepreneurial activity have been highlighted at these seminars. The issues concerning the procedure of drawing-up business plans for launching an entrepreneurial activity, the development of agricultural entrepreneurship based on the cooperative principles and some nonagricultural types of entrepreneurship have been also revealed during the seminars.
- pressing The issues of agricultural development cooperation are discussed at the annual scientific and practice conference «Cooperative reading».
- Polissya educational and practical centre of the development of rural territories has been created on the basis of the university. Its goal is to intensify the regional policy regarding to the facilitating the development of rural territories.
The center is an educational and practical as well as informational and consultative base of the university, which provides the combination of studies with practical activities relative to the encouraging the rural territories development.
The basic tasks of the Centre are: to create necessary conditions for providing the research and practice activity relative to the stimulation of the rural territories development on the basis of broad introduction of advanced experience, achievements of modern science and technique; to provide trainings and consultations concerning the problem of the development of the territorial society’s economic sector to the workers of local self-government organs, agrarian commodity producers, operation of duty in other spheres of economic management in rural areas; to substantiate the directions of modernization and development of nonagricultural types of activity in rural areas on the basis of utilizing the local resource base; to promote the products produced in the personal farming to the infrastructure of agrarian market through the support of the development cooperation.
The Centre also studies the problems of creating favourable conditions for the realization of private initiative and entrepreneurship as the basic mechanism of increasing the society inhabitants’ standard of living. It also works at the development of education, cultural and health improvement services, conditions of life and rural infrastructure. The centre deals with the development of directions aimed to increase the level of life activity ecological safety among the territorial society’s inhabitants, in particular in the form of conservation and improvement of soil fertility, provision the population with high quality drinking water, establishing an effective system of utilization of solid domestic wastes and other contaminants.
- A new speciality «Entrepreneurship, Trade and Exchange Activities» (opened at the University in 2015) is available to train specialists for business and trade.
- Revitalization of Radioactive Contaminated Territories
The separate direction of the University research is the problems of revitalization of radioactive contaminated territories. The following research is conducted by the University in this direction:
- Studying the regularities of the alteration radiation in the situation in the remote period after the Chernobyl catastrophe.
- Radiation and hygienic assessment of agroecosystems and their role in forming doses of population irradiation in a remote period after the accident at Chernobyl atomic power station.
- Radiation monitoring of the environment, long-term and prognostication assessment of risks from migration of radionuclides in natural and natural-technogenic ecosystems in the zone of radioactive contamination under its reverting to the economic use.
A scientific and production project «Rape for the rehabilitation of Narodychi district» was brought into effect during 2007-2012 on the territory of the absolute (obligatory) eviction zone in Narodychi district on the areas where the density of contaminated lands is more than 555 kBq/ (15 Ci per square kilometre ). The primary goal of the project was a revitalization of radioactive contaminated territories of Narodychi district by means of cultivating agricultural crops for the industrial purposes. Thus the efficiency of rape cultivation was studied as a phytorehabilitation method of radioactive contaminated soils and as a raw material for the receipt of biofuel (biodiesel, biogas).
The Strategy of revitalization of radioactive contaminated territories on the basis of introducing the innovative technologies of cultivating and energy processing crops (Miscanthus, Energy Willow, Rape, etc.) has been worked out by the University.
The University is actively cooperating with Dokkyo Medical University (Japan) on the problems of radioactive contamination.
Короткий опис статті: international scientific journal for alternative energy and ecology Єдиний у державі вищий навчальний заклад екологічного спрямування, який здійснює підготовку фахівців як для аграрного сектора, так і для інших галузей економіки держави. жнаеу, жнау, жнаеу офіційний сайт, житомирський національний агроекологічний університет, житомирський агроекологічний університет, агро житомир, агроекологічний, агро університет житомир, житомир аграрний, сайт жнаеу, новини жнаеу, жнаеу офіційний сайт, житомир агро, освіта житомир